How to care for your contact lenses
Caring and handling contact lenses is a lot easier than you might think. Here are some handy tips and instructions.
CARE for your lenses
Contact lenses are easy to use by following some of these recommended steps.
- Always check that the lenses are well sealed before opening.
- Always wash your hands and dry them with a clean, lint-free cloth/tissue before handling contact lenses.
- For daily lenses, do not over wear. Always discard daily lenses after 1 day’s use. For monthly lenses, clean lenses with a multi-purpose solution or lens cleaner (as recommended by your eye care practitioner) on both sides every day after wear.
- If you only use your monthly lenses occasionally, clean them (as described in step 2) after wear and rinse with fresh saline or multipurpose solution before wear.
- Do not overuse monthly lenses, they should be discarded after 30 days or as recommended by your eye care practitioner.
- Your lens case needs cleaning too! Remember to clean and air dry your lens case after putting on your lenses for the day.
- It is recommended to change your lens case frequently.
- Opened bottles of contact lens care solution such as a multipurpose solution or saline need to be discarded after 30-60days upon opening, check the labels for correct instructions.
TIPS on handling your lenses
Contact lens wear can be a breeze! Here are some tips on how.
Start lens wear on the first day of the month, this can help you easily remember when to re-order your lenses.
If you are an occasional wearer (for weekends and sportswear), try using daily lenses to avoid having to clean and store used lenses.
Sometimes, dryness can occur with long hours of computer work or long hours of wear, simply bring along a lens case filled with fresh multi-purpose solution or saline and soak your lenses for 1 minute before re-wearing them.
Your eyes need a break too, take frequent visual breaks during the day and try wearing spectacles for 1 day a week.
Visit your eye care practitioner at least once a year to make sure your eyes are healthy. Visit one of our partner eye care practitioners today. You may wish to use our store locator to locate an eye care practitioner.